ABOUT THE RACE
This year’s run will feature 10km and 5km categories, and a 800m Family Dash. The race route is within the one-north estate which features state-of-the art buildings surrounded by rich heritage trails and lush greenery. Its completion is marked with a fun carnival held at one-north Park: Mediapolis, where one-northers, their families and friends can gather for an exciting morning of festivities.
Early Bird Rate
( Now - 22 Sept )
( 23 Sept - 13 Oct )
800M Family Dash ( 1 Adult, 1 Child*)
800M Family Dash ( Additional Adult)
1ST Runner Up
2ND Runner Up
Event T-Shirt | Race Bib | Finishers' Medal | Other Sponsored Items
10KM & 5KM Category
Actual size may have +/- 1 to 2 cm variation from the size chart above. Participants are advised to select the sizing carefully during registration to avoid any sizing issues. No exchanges will be allowed during the Race Entry Pack Collection. Please note that the Organiser reserves the right to make any prior changes without informing participants.
RACE ENTRY PACK COLLECTION
Date: 20-21 October 2017, Friday - Saturday
Time: 11.00am – 7.00 pm
Venue: The Meeting Point at JTC LaunchPad @ one-north (73B Ayer Rajah Crescent, Singapore 139952); next to Timbre+
All participants are required to collect their Race Entry Pack before the race.
Participants will need to bring along a Photo ID and a printed copy of confirmation slip for the collection of Race Entry Pack. The Organiser reserves the right to refuse participants without the required documents from collecting their Race Entry Pack.
For Participants Who Are Unable To Collect In Person:
If you are unable to collect your Race Entry Pack in person during the assigned collection days, you may authorise someone to collect it for you. Your representative will need to produce the following documents in order to collect on your behalf:
• A copy of the runner's identification card and confirmation slip for verification.
No authorisation form is required. Your representative's particulars will be noted down for our records.
For Overseas Participants:
You can authorize someone to collect your Race Entry Pack for you during the assigned collection days. Otherwise, you can collect it on Race Day.
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. one-north RUN 2017 (the “Event”) is organised by the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), JTC and Mediacorp (“Organisers”). Kindly note that these Rules & Regulations ("Rules & Regulations") are applicable to all participants of the Event. By participating in the Event, each Participant (as defined in paragraph 2 below) shall be deemed to have agreed to the Rules & Regulations.
2. Completion and submission of the online entry form by each registrant (each, a "Registrant") on behalf of that Registrant and the Registrant's family members (up to 3 family members not including Registrant) (the Registrants and their family members shall be collectively referred to herein as, "Participants"; and each individual, a "Participant") confirm each Participant's agreement to abide by the Rules & Regulations of the Event. The Registrant undertakes, represents and warrants to bring these Rules & Regulations to the attention of each of the Registrant’s family members, and to ensure that they are fully aware of these Rules & Regulations and will comply with the same.
3. For the purpose of paragraph 2, "family members" of the Registrant shall mean members of the Registrant’s family, including the Registrant's spouse, children and parents. If any of the Registrant’s family members are below the age of 18 as at the date of the Event, the Registrant is required to be the parent or legal guardian of such family member and complete the Indemnity and Consent Form. By registering the Participant, the Registrant is deemed to have consented to such Participant registering for and participating in the Event. If it is subsequently determined however that any of such Participants are not family members of the Registrant and/or the Registrant is not a parent or legal guardian of an Invitee who is below the age of 18, the Organiser shall have the right to refuse or deny entry to such Participant.
4. These Rules & Regulations apply at all times to all Participants and to all decisions of the Organisers.
5. The Participant agrees to: (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the Participant in the registration form (the "Registration Data"): and (ii) maintain and promptly update the Organisers with the Registration Data to keep the Registration Data true, accurate, current and complete. Each Participant agrees that the Organisers may contact any Participant from time to time by email for the purpose of one-north RUN 2017. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the Organiser shall be deemed as received by the Participant.
6. If the Participant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if the Organisers have grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the Organisers may suspend or terminate the Participant's registration and refuse any and all future use of the Official Website (or any parts thereof).
7. Any disputes arising from participation in one-north RUN 2017 shall be finally decided by the Organisers at their discretion. The Organisers reserve the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other records of the one-north RUN 2017 for any legitimate purposes, including commercial advertising.
8. The Organisers reserve the right to amend the Rules and Regulations without giving prior notification or any reasons. Should any one or more of the provisions of the Rules and Regulations, Waiver and/or Indemnity and Consent Form be determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable or in contravention of any applicable law, such provision shall be effective only to the extent deemed reasonable and permissible by the court and shall not have the effect of invalidating any of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
9. It is agreed that in no event shall the liability of the Organisers to any Participant for property damage exceed the amount of registration fees actually paid by that Participant to the Organisers.
10. The Organisers reserve the right to cancel or postpone one-north RUN 2017 at any time without prior notice to the Participants, in which case they will make an effort to inform the Participants prior to the flag-off of one-north RUN 2017. If one-north RUN 2017 has to be cancelled or postponed, there shall be no refund of registration fees paid and the Organisers shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused.
11. The Organisers reserve the right to set the fees for the different categories as expedient to their intents and purposes.
12. Once the registration form has been duly processed, there will be no refund of registration fees for any Participant who does not take part in one-north RUN 2017, for whatever reason.
13. A $15 administrative charge payable to the Organisers will apply for any change of category. Participants who decide to change their category must do so before 2359hrs on 5 October 2017. No refunds will be made for any difference in pricing. All requests for change must be in writing to email@example.com and the Organisers are not bound to agree to any request. Telephone and verbal notifications will not be accepted.
14. The Organisers reserve the right to limit and refuse entries without assigning any reasons.
15. The Organisers reserve the right to replace the race entry packs items with items of similar value.
16. The Organisers shall not be held responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete entry details.
17. Each Participant below 18 years of age needs to obtain parental or guardian consent and have the parent/guardian sign the Indemnity and Consent Form below before participating in one-north RUN 2017, failing which, the Organisers reserve the right to refuse entry to that Participant.
18. The Organisers reserve the right to amend the one-north RUN 2017 race routes as they deem fit for the safety of the Participants and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the event, at any time without prior notice to the Participant. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the Participant prior to the flag-off of one-north RUN 2017. The Organisers shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused due to such changes.
19. Participants must wear their assigned number bib as instructed at all times during the race. Participants without the allocated bib number will not be allowed to take part in the race.
20. The Organisers reserve the right to delay the commencement of the race in the event of inclement weather. Should the inclement weather persist after the delay, the Organisers reserve the right to cancel the race without refund of registration fees. "Gun Time" will be used to determine the winners for competitive categories. Gun Time is the time from the start signal until the runner crosses the finish line.
21. For podium finisher appeals, both the prize winner and possible prize winner must be present. Appeals must be made on-site in person to the race officials, in a written format, at least 30 minutes before the prize presentation. The Organisers’ decision is final and the Organisers reserve the right not to entertain any appeals after 5 November 2017.
22. The Organisers reserve the right to replace any winners if the winner(s) is found by the Organisers to be disqualified.
23. Participants who do not start within 30 minutes from their respective flag off point will be disqualified and for safety reasons, may not be allowed to start.
24. No pets, or any form of wheel-run objects of transport e.g. inline skates, prams, push cars, shoes with built-in or attached rollers, bicycles and/or skate scooters is allowed on the course during the race except official race and medical vehicles or as otherwise decided by the Organisers.
25. Where baggage deposit services are provided on the race day, the Organisers will not be held responsible for any loss and/or damage, personal or otherwise, to the belongings and items deposited. The Organisers also reserve the right to check any item or baggage deposited.
26. Each entry for the Family Dash must comprise 1 child (aged 4 to 12 as of race day) accompanied by at least one parent. Jogging strollers are permitted.
Medical & Safety
26. Whilst reasonable precautions will be taken by the Organisers to ensure the safety of Participants, Participants take part at their own risk and the Organisers, their affiliates, sponsors and their appointed officials shall not be liable for any death or injury, loss or damage, suffered or otherwise, and howsoever arising to the fullest extent allowed by law.
27. The Organisers reserve the right to remove any Participant which they deem physically incapable of continuing with the run to prevent him/her from causing harm and injury to himself/herself and/or to others.
28. Participants are strongly encouraged to go for a medical examination and/or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual race day. For the safety of participants, Participants are required to run on the designated route and observe traffic regulations and the instructions of race officials.
1. How can I register?
2. How do I know if my entry has been accepted?
A confirmation slip will be sent to you via email upon your successful registration. Registered participants can also retrieve their confirmation slip here.
3. What is the minimum age to participate in the one-north Run 2017?
- 10KM: Participants must be aged 16 years and above as of race day.
- 5KM: Participants must be aged 7 years and above as of race day. Participants aged 7 to 16 years require parental/guardian consent.
- 800M Family Run: Participants must include 1 child + 1 adult. Children must be aged 4 to 12 years as of race day. Adults must be aged 18 years and above as of race day.
4. What am I entitled to as a participant?
Please refer to the Runner’s Entitlement.
5. Is GST included in the registration fee?
Yes. GST has been taken into account in the registration fee.
6. Will I get a refund if I choose not to participate after registration?
No. All race entries are strictly non-refundable after successful registration.
7. Is my race registration transferable if I wish to withdraw from the race?
No. All race registrations are strictly non-transferable.
8. Can I make changes to my category after registration?
Yes. You can make changes to your category by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org before 1 October 2017. An administrative fee of $15 shall apply.
1. When is one-north Run 2017?
one-north Run will be held on the 5th of November 2017, Sunday.
2. Where will one-north Run be held?
The run will be held at the one-north Park, Mediapolis.
3. Is there a baggage deposit at the start point?
Yes, baggage deposit is available for all participants at the start point and will be operating from 5.00am to 11.00am. Participants are advised not to leave any valuables at the baggage deposit counter.
4. When will I get my race timing?
You can check the official one-north Run 2017 website at www.onenorthrun.com within 2 working days following the completion of the event. Race result will be posted online.
5. How many Race Categories are there?
Please refer to the Categories & Fees.
6. Will there be medals issued after the race?
All participants will receive the Finishers’ Medal unique to their race category upon completion of the entire race course.
7. Can I skate or cycle during the race?
No. Running with pets and strollers are also strictly not allowed.
For the 800m Family Dash, jogging strollers are allowed.
8. How much of the race proceeds is going to charity?
100% of the fees collected will go towards supporting our adopted charities.
9. What is the cut-off timing??
The cut-off timing for the respective categories are as follows:
10KM - 2 hrs 00 min from flag off (8.30am)
5KM - 1 hr 30 min from flag off (9.00am)
800M - 40 min from flag off (9.10am)
For general enquiries and feedback, please email: email@example.com
Singapore Children’s Society protects and nurtures children and youth of all races and religions. In 2016, the Society reached out to 74,173 children, youth and families in need. Established in 1952, its services have evolved to meet the changing needs of children. Today, Children’s Society operates 11 service centres islandwide, offering services in the four categories of: Vulnerable Children Services, Children and Youth Services, Family Services, and Research and Advocacy.
The charity’s Patron-in-Chief is President Tony Tan Keng Yam, President of the Republic of Singapore.
For more information, please visit www.childrensociety.org.sg
For over 30 years, Community Chest has been engaging the community to support people in need through fund-raising and volunteering. Community Chest supports about 80 social service organisations in Singapore, allowing them to focus on caring for the disadvantaged. As Community Chest’s fund-raising and operating costs are covered mainly by Tote Board Group, comprising Tote Board, Singapore Pools and Singapore Turf Club, 100% of your donation goes towards helping:
• Building strong and resilient families
• Caring for vulnerable seniors
• Empowering children with special needs and youth-at-risk
• Integrating adults with disabilities into society
• Supporting persons with mental health issues
Find out more at comchest.sg.
The Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) is Singapore’s lead public sector agency that spearheads economic oriented research to advance scientific discovery and develop innovative technology. Through open innovation, we collaborate with our partners in both the public and private sectors to benefit society.
As a Science and Technology Organisation, A*STAR bridges the gap between academia and industry. Our research creates economic growth and jobs for Singapore, and enhances lives by contributing to societal benefits such as improving outcomes in healthcare, urban living, and sustainability.
We play a key role in nurturing and developing a diversity of talent and leaders in our Agency and Research Institutes, the wider research community and industry. A*STAR oversees 18 biomedical sciences and physical sciences and engineering research entities primarily located in Biopolis and Fusionopolis.
For more information on A*STAR, please visit www.a-star.edu.sg.
Set up in 1968, JTC is the lead government agency responsible for the development of industrial infrastructure to support and catalyse the growth of industries and enterprises in Singapore. Landmark projects by JTC include the Jurong Industrial Estate; the Jurong Island for energy and chemical industries; business and specialised parks such as Airport Logistics Park of Singapore, International Business Park, Changi Business Park, Seletar Aerospace Park, CleanTech Park and Tuas Biomedical Park; a new work-live-play-&-learn development called one-north; and the Jurong Rock Caverns, Southeast Asia’s first commercial underground storage facility for liquid hydrocarbons. JTC also develops innovative space such as JTC Surface Engineering Hub, JTC MedTech Hub @ MedTech Park and JTC Food Hub @ Senoko, which incorporate innovative features and shared infrastructure to enable industrialists to start their operations quickly and enhance productivity.
Mediacorp has the widest range of media platforms in Singapore spanning digital, television, radio, print and out-of-home media. Its mission is to engage, entertain and enrich audiences by harnessing the power of creativity.
Mediacorp pioneered the development of Singapore’s broadcasting industry, with the radio broadcast in 1936 and television broadcast in 1963. Today, the company has over 50 products and brands in four languages (English, Mandarin, Malay and Tamil), reaching out to virtually all adults in Singapore weekly.
Mediacorp is an active regional player through Channel NewsAsia International, drama co-productions and collaborations in magazine publishing and online media. Its investments include majority share in Kapanlagi Network, Indonesia’s largest independent digital media and in Malaysia’s digital games publisher Cubinet Interactive. It also has stakes in Reebonz, one of the region’s fastest growing luxury online retailers, and Vietnam television’s International Media Corporation.
Mediacorp was named Terrestrial Broadcaster of the Year for the 13th time at the Asian Television Awards in 2016.
For more information, please visit mediacorp.sg.
National Parks Board (NParks) is responsible for providing and enhancing the greenery of our City in a Garden. Beyond building green infrastructure, NParks is actively engaging the community to enhance the quality of our living environment.
NParks manages 350 parks and 300 km of park connectors, 3,347 hectares of nature reserves and the Singapore Botanic Gardens. We also manage Pulau Ubin and the Sisters' Islands Marine Park. Adding to this is the extensive streetscape, or roadside greenery, that forms the backbone of our City in a Garden. An island-wide Park Connector Network is also being developed to link major parks, nature areas and residential estates.
As the lead agency on biodiversity conservation, NParks has developed an urban biodiversity conservation model, which aims to conserve representative eco-systems in land-scarce Singapore. NParks also monitors and coordinates measures to enhance the presence of biodiversity in our urban landscape.
NParks is working closely with partners in the landscape and horticulture industry to increase productivity, and provide training for all levels of the workforce. Enhancing competencies of the industry will support Singapore’s vision of being a City in a Garden.